Collection development at fast forward
Time to market is increasingly becoming a question of technology. With our 3D CAD, you can save time and check your drafts really effectively. Thanks to its market-leading simulations of fabric, cut piece and the human being, Vidya has established a very strong position in collection development, fulfilling increasingly complex visualization requirements. Today you can now save product development time and costs in two-thirds of all model designs, in prototyping, for instance ― and not to mention the added value in other areas such as sales and trading.
JK Defence: How do we reduce our time to market?
Thanks to the seamless availability of size & fit data, you can work better and faster. At JK Defence, for example, the production of individualized protective clothing starts with our bodyscanners. The customer is scanned and the cut piece automatically altered, then tried on virtually in Vidya. Try-ons during manufacture are no longer necessary.
Vidya in the development process
Vidya injects reality into your development process. The company which develops in 3D is faster ― because not only body measurements, but also the body shapes for the various sizes can be checked. And if your CAD interface is present in parallel in 3D, you advance your designs ― you won’t have to wait for models or prototypes. Your styles and simpler models can even be completed and sold virtually. This is why iSize, Cad.Assyst and Vidya are steadily growing closer together. And in the Future Shopping environment, you can show lifelike products without having produced them beforehand.
You can expect
time savings, clarity, flexibility, more value with 3D
- matchless simulation quality for fabrics, cut pieces and human beings
- realistic drape
- high quality and efficiency in the development process
- a communications basis for cross-border and cross-site communication
- the integration of real body shapes and volumes with design and pattern development
- a reduced need for physical prototypes
- control of fabric drape and the later size & fit
- Try out complex pieces with Vidya and test them in motion
- Model poses, e.g. sitting or taking a step
- Cut piece alterations and interactive work on the model, like opening buttons in the current simulation
- Straightforward transfer of 2D pieces
- Precise display of how the fabric will drape, with corresponding body distance (Distance mode/Stretch mode)
- Simulation of seam types and material stiffening/reinforcing, e. g. by means of interlinings
- Control of applied fabric printing on models with varying garment sizes
- Implementation of cut changes by the patternmaker in 2D mode
- Avatars created from standard sizes tables ― with specific body dimensions
fashion 03 – The magazine for technology in the apparel industry
- Better perspectives
At last - IT landscapes that match Fashon perfectly!
- A change in the trend
3D opens up new possibilities for the apparel industry
- Bound to be a hit!
Four processes that will get more from your data